Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012? Are you kidding me...I am behind....in more than my blogging

wow, It's been a while since I have done this, I don't even know if I have any followers anymore. Alright lets do some updates;

For starters the school year has been going well, we have fallen a little behind but that's pretty normal around here. In the end it all works out. Booger is doing very well, somedays he just amazes with the knowledge that he soaks up on a daily basis. The other day he told me that his snow gloves had the same grips that polar bears paws have. He then went onto to explain how Polar bears run on the ice and snow and that with out the grips on their paws it would be nearly impossible for them to move on the ice.

Peanut is smart as whip in reading and spelling. If Booger asks me how to spell something or the meaning of a word, Peanut can usually answer him before I do, (I usually give her about 5 seconds before I jump in to see if she know the answer.) Her art skills are improving daily it seems. For Christmas they both got tons of toys from family members, one of the things I gave to Peanut though was a new sketchpad and colored pencils. The sketchpad goes everywear with us, she is constantly drawing something.

Now for my little Bean, I know I have said it before, but she really is the final piece of our little family. She keeps us laughing and smiling all day long. Booger and Peanut both adore her, and she has her Daddy so tightly wrapped around her little finger that somedays I am completely neglected. (I honestly don't mind at all though.) Her language skills are great, but she does have some problems remembering things like colors. I know she will get in her own time, she is only 2 afterall.

So, I have new idea for my blog in 2012. I would like to help other homeschooling moms find great resources to use at home. The one that I would like to talk about today is a website called http://superteacherworksheets.com/, I utilize this websites for all of Peanuts spelling lists and for tons of supplemental worksheets. Even if you don't homeschool your kids and are looking for some great tools to help them brush up on their skills I highly reccomend this site. Everything is free and in PDF format you can't beat it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment