Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"ALL IN"

Recently our pastor gave a sermon about going "All In" with God. Since then I have been looking for ways to teach my kids about compassion and the struggles of life for children and families outside the US. Going "ALL IN" with God to me means that I need to take my family "All In" with me.

As a mom who homeschools, my goal is not to make sure that my kids are the smartest or even that they go to college. (I want those things, of course.) College was not a reality for me, so I don't know if it will be for my kids. My goal is to raise Christ-followers who want nothing more than to live out the great commission.

Last night as I held my little Bean in my arms and rocked her back to sleep, I began to cry. Thinking that somewhere in the world a mother was rocking her child to sleep not knowing if they would even make it through the night. I know that my family can't save every child, but I am ready for God to lead us where we need to be to help whoever he puts in our path. If that is right here in MD great, if not, we are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment