Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Loving Children

So, I originally said that this year I was going to make my blog about the different resources I use to make homeschooling easier. I still am going to do that, but today I want to talk about my loving children....

Last night Beanie was up WAAAAYYYYY past her bedtime. At around 11:30pm she came out of her room and sat with me on the couch. She caressed my face and told me that she loved me. She then asked me if I would lay down with her. Which of course I did. We layed in her bed for about 20 minutes. She continued caressing my face and giving me kisses and smiling at me. Occasionally she would tell me that she loved me. Needless to say I was crying by the time she fell asleep. Beanie, is my touchie feely baby. She loves to hug and kiss and snuggle, and I love it too.

Peanut is my affirming child. She writes me letters about what a great mom I am, and tells me that I am doing a good job. She affirms me everyday, she makes me feel great. She is a cuddler too, but mainly when she is tired or sick. I love that she expresses herself through words and writings, she is very much like me in that way.

Booger, what can I say about my sweet boy. He shows his love through compassion. He genuinely cares about and feels other peoples pain. When others are sad, he is sad. He wants to help anyone who needs help and save anyone who needs saving. He loves through doing. If I need something he is right there to help me.

I love that I have 3 loving children who show love in very different ways. I cannot wait to see how God will use these traits to His glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment