Monday, October 20, 2014

Homemade Ice Cream

So, I love making anything from scratch, especially desserts, but ice cream has always intimidated me. One I have NEVER owned an Ice Cream maker and Two, I thought it would flavorless. Well, boy was I wrong.

I was given an ice cream maker from a friend who never used it. So, I looked up a super simple recipe:

2 cups Heavy Whipping cream
2 cups milk
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla

THAT'S IT.

Let me say that again, THAT'S IT.

The kids went nuts over the stuff. They said they don't EVER want to buy ice cream again, but instead they want to experiment and try out their own recipes. And the best part, I bought GOOD ingredients. So there is nothing in this ice cream that I don't want to give my kids.

Next step Dairy Free Ice Cream for momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment