Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I don't know if you knew this but it's November....

Yes, November, which means Thanksgiving and Peanut's birthday!

 I am honestly in shock at how quickly this year has flown by. Wasn't it just Valentine's day?

We make a pretty big deal out of birthday's around here so I am pretty excited for the party planning. But we also make a pretty big deal about Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for, I don't want the kids to let this time pass by without taking time to understand 
that we are truly blessed. 

Each year we make a thankful tree and all during November the kids write down things they are thankful for and at the end of the month our tree is full of all our blessings. This morning when Beanie woke up she ran straight to the tree grabbed a leaf and asked me to help her write down what she was thankful for today
Since we have 3 kids I chose a different color for each kid and that way the kids can keep track.

I am hoping to take it one step further this year. I want the kids to show their thanks to those around us who do so much to make our lives easier and more wonderful just by being themselves. Handwritten notes are still a favorite of mine and the kids love sending letters to people, so I thought that might be a great place to start showing our gratitude.

How do you show gratitude during the Thanksgiving season?








No comments:

Post a Comment