Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A bushel of apples


All three paintings beautifully displayed in our dining room.

Every year for the past 5 years I have enjoyed taking my family apple picking. We haven't made it out yet this year but as I was perusing Pinterest I came across a wonderful art lesson on how to paint a bushel of apples. I thought it would be a good project since we will be heading to the orchard soon for our yearly trip. 

You can find the lesson here, at ArtProjectsforkids.com. I changed my lesson up a bit and asked the kids to turn the canvas or to zoom in on the bushel. We also talked about how apples are not all the exact same color red. Apples are red, green, yellow, and sometimes have several different colors in one. Beanie only wanted to paint red apples because right now she will only eat red apples. Oh the mind of a 5 year old. But the other two did a great job of mixing and playing around with different reds, yellows and greens to create depth and interest in their pieces.

They did wonderful job, check it out.



Peanut

Beanie, I did help her with her apple shapes but she did everything else, Not bad for a 5 year old.

Booger. I was glad he decided to turn his and do something a bit different from his sisters.

 Have fun painting.....with or without the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment