Sunday, August 12, 2012

English from the Roots Up

GREEK, LATIN!! I am so excited we are going to be learning root words this year! I love words!

As I was reading the forward of our textbook one paragraph stood out to me.....
        A good vocabulary is a strong element in a child's self esteem. The more words children know, the less people can talk over their heads and the taller they stand in their own eyes. Moreover, they can choose, among many words, the exact ones which express their thoughts and visions.

How many times have you told your child to use their words? I think I have said those exact words to my children atleast once a day since they began talking. I am excited to help my children have a better vocabulary and a better understanding of that vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment