Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fun Holidays

Do you know how many FUN obscure holidays are out there? There is some made up fun holiday for every day of the year!!! I have decided that I would like to start celebrating some of these holidays and maybe even make up a few of our own for the rest of 2013. I like the idea of celebrating the everyday stuff that makes life so great, and I want the kids to see that they can make each day special no matter what they are going through.

Tomorrow is Johnny Appleseed Day, Johnny Appleseed is one of my favorite American Folk tales. I love the lesson that is only takes one person to make a difference. I am picturing Apple Cinnamon Pancakes for breakfast and maybe some apple pie to take with us to our weekly bible study. (which I am sure will in turn make our bible study happy). I am hoping to keep up with posting about our fun holidays, and I am excited to see if others start celebrating the fun holidays with us. I will hopefully be adding a bible verse or story to go with each holiday, tomorrows verse is, "Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.” Matthew 13:31-33. 

So don't forget tomorrow is Johnny Appleseed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment