Monday, March 11, 2013

Johnny Appleseed Day

We started our holiday a little late because of dentist appts that seemed to take hours. (Probably because my sweet little Bean screamed from the time she sat in the chair til they let her out of the chair)

Anyway once we got started it was lovely. We read a story about Johnny Appleseed and talked about Tall Tales. The kids even wrote their own tall tale about an adventure they had with Johnny Appleseed. I also was able to find one of my old favorite cartoons about Johnny Appleseed on Youtube, check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm4xsHXrSGs. Next we planted some apple seeds and made apple pie, (the apple pancakes didn't happen because since my surgery I haven't been able to wake up before 10:30am.) All in all it was a fun day, and I am hoping that I am on the mend so that I can keep up with these crazy kids, for now, I think I need a nap.

Happy Johnny Appleseed Day!!

This is my go to Betty Crocker Cookbook...A wonderful apple pie recipe

 We planted our apple seeds in jars so that we can see the growth.
We can't wait to taste our yummy pie!!


Celebrate the next holiday with us!! March 17th is St. Patrick's Day! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment