Friday, August 26, 2011

Your how old?

For those of you who don't know, yes I am a very young mom. I just celebrated my birthday on Monday (Happy Birthday to me) some of the people at work were blown away to know that I am only 27. Since you are probably doing some math in your head right now, I was only 18 when I had my sweet little Booger. Anyway, that aside. I consistantly get a puzzled look when I tell people my age. I guess that having 3 kids and being a homeschooling mom people think that I should be older, and rightly so. Now I come to the reason for this blog. I don't mind the puzzled looks or the questions, but I do mind when people find out my age and then assume that I am not capable to school my children. (Usually my blog isn't a complaining blog but today....sorry.) I have in the past, far and near, been criticized for my decision to homeschool only after someone heard my age. Which I don't think is fair at all. If anything, and no offense to you slightly more mature in age moms than I, I have a ton of energy and love every minute I spend with my crazy kids!! My kids are doing great, we are about to start, I can't believe I am saying this, our 4TH year of homeschooling, and we love it.

God laid this on my heart almost 5 years ago now, it was the first time that I heard that still small voice. At first I resisted but when I came to my senses and listened to the Lord about this, I am so glad about my choice and God's calling on my life. I wouldn't have it any other way. So, yes I am 27, my children are 8, 5, and 2, and I am great mom and teacher and we are going to have another great school year. Thanks for listening to me vent a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment