Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A new school year is dawning

We leave for vacation on Saturday, and I can't believe, I have been waiting ALL summer for this! We are heading down to Florida and we will be visiting the HARRY POTTER theme park! I know I know, I am a total loser, but I love it, and I am super excited.

It seems like the very moment we return however, we will be starting the school year! I can't believe it, I will have a 2nd grader, a kindergartner and a toddler. Sheesh, I am tired all ready. How long til thanksgiving break?!

I am truly excited about this new school year, with every new year comes new challenges but I welcome them and love learning from them. With the new school year dawning, I have been thinking harder and harder about the reasons that I homeschool my children. I started because I feel that this is something God has called me to do. This was the first thing that I really feel God spoke to me about, and I reluctantly said yes. 3 years later I am screaming at the top of my lungs YYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! I absolutely feel that this is one of the best decision God has ever asked me to make.

To go completely off topic for a second, Dan has been studying the book called Crazy Love, and it is truly life changing, at least it has been for Dan, and I am really starting to catch on. This book basically calls you out and challenges you to fall madly in love with God. It asks you to go out on a limb and to trust God. I think that for the most part I trust God, until he ask me to do something outside my comfort zone then I back down. Lately I have been thinking, what if I just said "yes" every time God asked me to do something. How amazing would my life be, how fulfilling to know that my life is in line with God's will.

Homeschooling was my first "real" yes. It's a new season and new school year, and I really and truly think that this year, things are going to start changing. I don't really know how, and I don't really know when, but I am excited to see what's in store!!

No comments:

Post a Comment